Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Cookies - Advent Day #8

I do not remember making cookies when I was younger. But, since I have been married, I have baked Christmas Cookies every year. As the kids got big enough to help, they were always in the kitchen when it came time to bake cookies. Of course, we always did sugar cookies, and used cookie cutter, and they would decorate to their little heart's content. But as the kids got even older, it seemed the cookie baking was left up to me...Mom.
We have favorite cookies that are made each year at Christmas time. Chocolate Crinkles, Mini Chip Snowball Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies, Oatmeal Cookies, and of course, Chocolate Chip Cookies are among our favorites. I have tried a few other varieties through the years, but these are the ones we can't seem to do without for the holidays.

In more recent years, Heather has been my flour - in - crime partner. We will make all the batches of the cookies we are making, usually two or three batches of each kind of cookie, in one night, and refrigerate them. Then one of us, when we have an extra minute, will bake a few batches. It seems that we have enough cookies to share with many others. Not only do we get our fill of them, we all take small containers of cookies to work, or to parties, or give away as small gifts. Everyone loves homemade goodies.

No comments: