Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Cards - Advent Day #4

Christmas Cards I am sure that my family sent out cards, I was not involved with that much. Cards that were received were hung up on the wall somewhere. We still send cards, but with the cost of stamps, I send nowhere near what we used to send. And the cards we now receive has also dropped quite a bit from what it used to be. We always give cards at church and at family functions, but there are still those that I seem to mail each year. I can always know for certain, that we will get our first Christmas card of the season on the day following Thanksgiving. This happens every year and is from the same family every year. I always say I am going to do that, but I never seem to get it done or think about it till it's too late. We hang all of our cards up that we receive, usually in the kitchen somewhere. There are three cards that are kept year after year, and get stored away with all the Christmas stuff, and that are small cards, that have a pop out in them, that Linda and Tommy (Ricky's sister and brother in law), gave to Chrissy, Devin and Heather many years ago. They loved those cards. Now I still get them out and display them somewhere in the house every Christmas. Now Austin and Jordyn like looking at them too.

No comments: