Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Advent Day #11 - Other Traditions

I am sure that there are traditions we have that I can't remember until we actually do them. There are a few newer ones with the grandkids though.

One is that every year, we try to do something Christmas-y  with the kids. Some years we are able to have all the kids and sometimes we can't. We either will go to Herr's and ride through their light display. Or we might do to 34th Street in Hamden. This year we will be going with Chrissy, Josh, Austin and Jordyn to the Pro Bass Shop to visit Santa and the toy shop, with a ride through the Festival of Lights.

The other tradition that I have started, is for the grandchildren. I arrange for Santa to write each of them a letter and send it to their house. Santa always includes stickers in with the letter. The kids get so excited about their letters from Santa. Santa has done this for me ever since Austin's first Christmas. I don't know if they look forward to it, but I sure do look forward to hearing them tell me about the letters they receive from Santa.



No comments: