Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Advent Day #10 - Christmas Gifts

I remember that there were always Christmas presents. I can remember for many years how the gifts started hiding the tree. But that was because my Mom, brother and I lived with my grandparents for a long time. So there would be gifts from Mom, and then there were gifts from Granny and Poppop. Then Aunt Dee and Uncle Dennis would be there from West Virginia, so there would be all of their gifts added to the pile. Then my other Aunt and her family would be there. So there were alot of gifts under that tree.

One year, my brother and I received the same gift from our grandparents, motorcycles - Kawasaki 100 's, his was blue, mine was orange. And my grandmother got a three wheel  trike the same year.


We always opened up gifts on Christmas morning, and we opened them one at a time, so we all could see what everyone else got. We have carried on that tradition. Makes the gift giving so much more fun to see everyone's reactions too.












No comments: