Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Advent Day #21 - Christmas Music

We sang all carols when I was growing up. I remember that my Mom, my Aunt and us five kids (my brother and my cousins) would all pile into Mom's car and she would take all of us out to look at Christmas lights. We would sing all the fun ones, like Rudolph and Jingle Bloop, I mean, Jingle Bells. Somewhere along the way, my brother made up a name for my best friend Linda, Bloop. And he would substitute her name in the song, we all, including her thought that was so funny.
As long as Ricky and I have been married, we have went Christmas caroling with whatever church we were involved with.  On foot, by car, by church bus. We also had such fun doing this. We have sang to the elderly, the shut in and sick, the nursing homes, and most recently the homeless shelter. we have also been involved in Christmas cantatas, which was also alot of fun to do.


No comments: